Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pretty Cool Experience....

I wanted to share this pretty cool experience I had with you.  I was NOT expecting this last night in my cycle/core class.

You really have to always be on your A game.  You never know who your clients know, nor who your students in your class know.

I have a student that takes both my kickboxing classes and cycle/core class.  After my class, she always comes up and thanks me for doing such a great job and she always tells me how my class is the only one that gets her through her week and that her work week is so stressful. Of course, I'm humbled by that and thankful. 

Well tonight I now know why her job is so stressful. She came to my cycle/core class and let me know her boss was going to be joining my class. "He has a couple  security guards  that comes with him, so don't be alarmed by the big guy in the suit." She continues, " I've been telling him about you and how much you are much needed in my life and how you motivate me and push me." 

Well that person that she was talking about is her boss.  Her boss is the freekin Mayor of my city and and a former NBA basketball player! HOLY SCHMOLEY!    My heart dropped lol. WHAT! Of course I'm trying to find my best music! And OMG wow! He came and took my cycle class, and I knew I just had to treat him like an equal as I know that is what he wanted. 

He had came a little late but for what he did,  he made it through, he was sweating good and told me he is FOR SURE coming back and will be ON TIME to get the full effect of the workout and then gave me a good knuckle pound.  

Always be ready and on your toes. In this fitness profession, you never know who is going to come take your class to see what you are all about!

So hopefully I think I have a new edition to my class as he trains for his race in December! 

Thanks Mayor!

No comments:

Post a Comment