Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Journey

When it comes to weight loss, sometimes it is really difficult to stick to the plan when you may not be getting the needed support. 

You ever go out to dinner with friends and everybody is ordering high fat foods, high calories foods and suddenly that salad or that salmon you were going to order turns into a fat steak and garlic mashed potatoes?  Oh yes, I've been there, I know all about it.  Yep, then guilt is what you serve up for dessert!

Don't give up.  You are not doomed to be overweight.  Many people I have talked with have told me that they have tried "everything" nothing seems to work so they give up.  What happens to them? They gain more weight, and what follows are health problems, some reversible and some not reversible.   Have you said those same words?  Here's the thing.  YoYo diets DO NOT work.  Have you really tried everything?  Changing your lifestyle, working out HARD, eating healthy clean foods and sticking to it?  See maybe you haven't really done everything.  Diets are temporary.  Changing your lifestyle is long lasting.  A leisure stroll through the park is a great start to get your body moving.  But if you have a lot of stored fat on your body and would like to see those results a little faster you have to put in that work. Working out HARD.  Getting out of your comfort zone is key. 

You ever go on a road trip?  It's a long drive to get that much anticipated destination. But you keep going.  You don't turn around do you? No, you drive forward until you get there!  THAT'S THE SAME WITH THIS WEIGHT LOSS journey!  Don't turn around and give up! If you keep that drive, YOU WILL GET THERE.  You can do this!

I always suggest that you surround yourself with people that will support you, inspire you, motivate you, empower you, have some of those same goals, are into a healthy lifestyle and even having a workout partner that will keep you accountable will really help you through this.

Feeling alone in this journey, certainly can make you feel discouraged.  But, you are not alone! Keep pressing forward, stay on your path, and you WILL reach your destination!

To Your Health!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post. It was right on time, especially after just having two pieces if birthday cake. Its not east when know one around you is health conscious, it gets very lonely sometimes on this journey. Thank you for the pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this...You are so very welcome & thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dedicated to my fitness goals. When the rest of my office is eating pizza I'm sticking with my baked chicken, brown rice, and broccoli. I have maybe only missed 3 or 4 days at the gym in the last 2 months and I can see the results. I have lost about 30lbs and at least 3 inches in my waist. Now I have noticed that I hit some sort of plateau and I'm stuck. No matter how much more I work out and restrict my diet nothing happens. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote an article above on plateaus and also if you are on any time of medication ask your doctor if it's possible it hinders weight loss.

    ReplyDelete