Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Why did today, Tuesday, feel like Monday? Boy, it was a long day.  Although my weigh in is next Sunday, I thought I'd take a picture, my obliques are really coming in and my body fat is down which is pretty good for being in the 22nd day of January.
Please excuse all the female products on the counter, typical self-bathroom portrait (DISCLAIMER - That is BIKINI TOP not a bra):
 
I know that no matter what I won't have a flat lower abdominal wall due to two kids and losing over 100 pounds.  That's just life.

I was really looking forward to the gym today.  I LOVE teaching R.I.P.P.E.D.!  We did some new stuff today that was pretty intense.  Our microphone was broken at the gym, so I had to yell to the entire class.  Thank GOD I was a cheerleader in my earlier life! HA HA HA.

I loved my lunch.  I bought two rotisserie chickens and shredded them up.  I had 4oz of chicken, quinoa, mushrooms, bell peppers, green onions and tomatoes.  Clean and YUMMY, wanna see?
Boy did that fill me up!

After teaching a strong class, I was so mad at myself today.  I forgot my gym jacket. Lord was it cold outside and I was drenched.  I had to put my dress from work on over my gym clothes.  I looked ridiculous! HA HA HA. So glad it was dark out. 

So famished tonight, yet pooped working 12 hours.  Rotisserie chicken is absolutely convenient! I made a salad with spinach and arugula, sliced almonds, raspberries and 4 oz of chicken. Look how gorgeous my salad looks (before I dig in!):
 
 
One of the things that I wanted to remind my students tonight and remind you is this powerful statement: EXCUSES ARE LIKE PUTTING NAILS INTO YOUR COFFIN.  I know that is rough, but it's true.  Each time we get away from working out and we make excuses, the next excuse becomes even easier to fall into. 
 
View working out/eating healthy a privilege and something you are gifting to yourself.  Our souls and our actual bodies are two different things.  Without our soul/thoughts our body wouldn't move.  Are you going to make your body move?  Are you going to tell it to, or, are you going to keep talking yourself out of it?
 
Love you, love the gift that was given to you - your body. 
 
I hope you had a wonderful day and smiled a lot today.
 
That Gym Girl
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment